Where vintage sewing is for everyone.
Starting July 1st, 2021, all shipments going to member countries within the European Union (EU) will be charged a "Value-Added Tax" or "VAT tax," which will have to be paid by the recipient to receive the goods.
A Value-Added Tax or “VAT” is a tax that's imposed on sales of goods in foreign countries. While Europeans are used to paying VAT on everything they buy from businesses in their country, the new laws going into effect mean they will have to start paying VAT on anything they buy from other countries as well.
Previously, low-cost shipments going to the EU valued at €22 (22 euros) or lower weren’t subject to these VAT taxes. But with the new changes every shipment sent to the EU is subject to VAT, no matter the value.
We are not equipped to charge VAT on this site so if you purchase from us, your package WILL be held in customs at its destination country until you have paid VAT.
Since the VAT tax has not been paid ahead of time, the recipient must pay the VAT tax before they receive the package from their country’s customs department. Before the package is delivered, they will be notified and asked to pay the VAT by their country's local package delivery service. Please consider this when placing a non-digital order with us.
If you prefer to have the VAT charged up-front, please place your order through our Etsy shop, where Etsy will charge you full VAT up-front.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. There are no returns, cancelations, or exchanges on digital or paper patterns so please read the item description carefully before purchase. We are always happy to answer any question you may have about our items. Please feel free to ask any and all questions before purchase. We do not mind answering what some might consider "silly questions". We're here to help!
We do not offer returns or cancellations for digital pdf download items. All digital sales are completely final as digital content cannot be "returned" to the seller.
We do not offer refunds for the following reasons:
--If a customer didn't read the item description and wasn't sure what type of item was purchased. Customers are responsible for reading and making sure they understand the item being sold before purchase.
--We do not offer refunds because a pattern is beyond a customer's skill level. If you're not sure how hard a pattern is, please feel free to ask us - we're happy to advise.
Exceptions: You are of course entitled to a full refund if you have purchased a duplicate pattern, or in the case of buying the wrong size, exchanges are always just fine.
At the beginning of 2021, we completely re-built our website. When we did this, we switched to a more reliable ordering system that can grant you easy, permanent access to all digital orders placed after May of 2021.
However by doing this, all access to digital orders placed with our old system before 2021 was closed.
This means that if you purchased a digital item from Mrsdepew.com before 2021, access to your files is no longer available.
Customers who purchase a digital item (a pdf pattern or e-book, for example) from Mrsdepew.com after May of 2021 will always have permanent access to their purchases. We are always happy to resend your downloads or refresh your download limit for you. The current download limit is three attempts so please be sure to save your files to a reliable device.
Shipping will be done through the U.S. postal service. Customs forms may apply. If you need overnight or rush shipping, please feel free to ask. We're here to help! Any overages on shipping charges are promptly refunded.
Please be sure to check your address at checkout. We ship to exactly your address as you type it. If an item goes astray because the address is typed incorrectly, the BUYER is responsible for the shipping cost of sending their order again.
We do not issue refunds or cancellations for orders where the buyer has incorrectly typed their address. --Exceptions:
If your pattern comes back to us with a postal notice saying that your order was undliverable then we will contact you immediately. If we do not hear from you after 3 weeks, your order will be refunded minus a $5 restocking fee for the trouble of trying to track you down and your purchase will be relisted in the shop.
We offer a media mail shipping rate via USPS in our shipping options at checkout. This mail option may ONLY be used for books, which is why is is so affordable. We CANNOT ship sewing patterns, vintage magazines, and other items using this service. If you check out and you select media mail for an order that is not for books, we will likely have to send you an invoice to charge you for the extra cost of shipping. Use of madia mail for anything not approved by USPS could result in a mail fraud charge.
If you have any questions about printing:
Please feel free to email us, we'd be happy to help.
We get about 150 emails a day so please don't be upset if we can't get to your questions right away. We try to answer all downloading and printing questions as soon as possible.
Please note that the purchase of a sewing pattern from Mrs. Depew Vintage entitles you to the following:
- a great sewing pattern that may not be available anywhere else.
- a prompt reply if you have trouble downloading or printing your pattern (digital orders).
Sadly, this does not include a sewing questions helpline. If it did, we would have to hire an extra employee and an intern or two. These things would cost quite a bit of money and the cost of patterns would go up, and that would make everyone very sad. If you have a sewing question, there's a chance that we won't be able to get to it.
As much as we would like to help every customer with their sewing questions, there just aren't enough hours in the day. That said, you're still very welcome to write in with your sewing questions. We don't mind and when we have a free moment, we try to help if we can. But if you don't get a timely response, please don't take it personally, there just aren't enough hours in the day and Mrs. Depew will crash and burn if she skips any more meals to try answer just one more email...
When you shop or sign up for emails from Mrs. Depew Vintage, your email is safe with us. We will never sell or make your contact info public.
Personal information we collect:
To fill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide ), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal processes or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms, and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us: For purposes of EU data protection law, Mrs. Depew Vintage LLC. is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at any time.